You Are Reading

RESEARCH_RICKPOYNOR_GRAPHICDESIGN&POSTMODERNISM


I decided to buy this book due to it’s roots in post-modernism. Having watched Ellen Lupton’s lecture I found that authorship is a term that was born after post-modernism. I did some research to see if the book contained anything on authorship, and I was pleased to see that it did. 






























I read the chapter on authorship, and the text was extremely helpful in highlighting the various view points and the emergence of the term. Unfortunately this can only help me so much, as I want to learn more about how authorship can be implemented. The essay in Almeida and McCarthy are criticisms with a proposal for progression. The Poynor book only highlights the inaccuracies and fails to propose a mode of progression. I think I will use this book as a reference for my developing argument, as opposed to using it to contrast opposing theories. 



Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.